Friday, June 24, 2011

PUPO!!

Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise!

This morning went pretty smoothly.  I woke up around 5:00 because I couldn't sleep, went to acupuncture at 6:15, and arrived at ASH at 7:00.  I popped my Valium as soon as we parked as instructed.  They took me back and got me changed, and then Henry, the embryologist came out to talk to us.  He had been there since 4:00am thawing my embryos.  He said that the two he thawed were looking very good and already expanding.  However, a couple of weeks ago, Dr. Mo and I decided we would transfer 3 embryos to increase our chances since the success rate of FET is lower.  Once Henry confirmed this with Dr. Mo, he thawed the third embryo.  Due to this miscommunication, the transfer was pushed back an hour and half while we waited for the last embryo to thaw.  Just FYI, the chance of all three implanting is very small.

The transfer went very well.  Dr. Mo uses an ultrasound to guide them in through the catheter.  You can actually see the little embryos on the ultrasound; they just look like little white dots.  I laid on the table for about 10 minutes after the transfer and then finally got to empty my bladder (the transfer has to be done with a very full bladder).  Then we were on our way home!


Here are some pics from today:

Doesn't he look good in scrubs?!




   
The white spot by the + are the embryos in the uterus

Knocked up


Pics of the 3 embryos

No comments:

Post a Comment