Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

I went to see Dr. Mo today to check on my progress.  Before, he had told me that today he would like to see my lining around 4.5-5, and I'm happy to report it was 6.5!  Whatever I have been doing seems to be working!  Well, I'll tell you what I've been doing.  I have been going to acupuncture once a week, drinking pomegranate juice daily, and taking wheatgrass shots daily.  Now the wheatgrass and pom juice are not medically proven to do anything, but in the infertility world, these are known to increase your lining.  If you read any infertility message boards, you will find that a lot of girls do this stuff.  Who really knows where the info came from, but I figure it definitely can't hurt.  My acupuncturist also told me to eat warming food such as ginger to increase circulation, which would increase blood flow and, in turn, increase my lining.  Therefore, I have also been drinking ginger root tea almost every day.  That was my idea since I knew I probably wouldn't actually be eating much ginger.  I need my lining to get to at last an 8, preferably 9, so hopefully that shouldn't be a problem since I still have 9 more days of estrogen.

I will stay at my current dose of estrogen and continue 20iu of Lupron daily.  My next (and last) check is next Thursday.  As for my blood work results from today, everything seems to be okay.  My progesterone came back at 1.6, but I guess I can assume it would be under 1.0 if done at another lab since Dr. Mo's machine reads high.  That whole thing stresses me out.  He told me he would send it off for me again today, but I said I would wait until next week's blood draw to send it off to LabCorp since I'm paying out of pocket for it.  Since it hasn't really increased, I'm going to assume that's good. My intralipid infusion is scheduled for next Friday at St. David's.  Apparently, it will take several hours so I may just take the day off. 

I can also report that I finally gained the 5 pounds I wanted to gain.  It actually seemed to happen pretty fast over the last month, so I'm going to assume that's the Lupron Depot.  I'm also going to be on a higher dose of Dexamethasone this time around, which Dr. Mo told me was going to "make me fat."  I told him I didn't care.  I would gladly get fat if that means I get a take home baby (a take home baby refers to a live birth, since getting pregnant is only half the battle). 

I will update more next week.  Off to drink my ginger root tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment