Thursday, June 2, 2011

Here We Go Again!

Well, the time is finally here to start the FET!  The last two months actually went by really fast, and, more importantly, I got my life back.  As much as I didn't realize it at the time, it was a much needed break.  I have really felt God working in my life lately.  He has given me peace and made me realized how blessed I am with what I already have.  I feel much more relaxed going into this next cycle. 

I went and saw Dr. Mo yesterday.  I was there for almost two hours!  He did an ultrasound and blood work and then we talked in his office for most of the time.  I always have a zillion questions/concerns/comments/etc.  He thinks I'm crazy.  Maybe not crazy...just controlling.  Ok, maybe a little of both.  I know he really likes Fields and me, though, and that he really wants to help us.  His nurse told me at the end of the appointment that he never spends near that much time with his patients and other doctors don't either.  He has really helped us out and done lots of favors for us throughout this journey, so I really do hope he is the one who brings us success.  I know he wants it for us just as much as we do. 

We went over my calendar for this cycle which explains what drugs are taken when and all that fun stuff.  He gave me about 7 or 8 prescriptions to fill, and he's letting me do all the meds/treatments I wanted to do.  He said this is the most aggressive approach he's ever taken with an FET, and I said good!  That's what I want. 

When the nurse called with my blood work results (which was done on the machine in their office), I was kind of upset with one of the numbers.  My P4 level, which is progesterone.  I won't bore you with all the details of what this number means at this stage, but mine was 1.5 and I knew that was high.  I called Dr. Mo this morning to discuss it, and, of course, he said he thought it was fine.  But I was not comfortable with it at all.  I didn't even barely sleep last night.  So, when I was talking to Dr. Mo this morning he said they would send my blood off to an outside lab at my expense if I wanted to get it rechecked at another lab.  Well, his nurse just called me and the level shown by the outside lab was 0.5, which is fantastic!  I am so relieved!  All I was hoping for was something under 1.0.  So, I think from here on out I will just pay out of pocket to have it tested at the other lab.  It's worth it to avoid the stress that I went though over the last 24 hours.

So, everything is looking good for now.  As it stands now, my transfer will be on June 24th.  He wanted to schedule it for a Friday so I could have the weekend to rest.  For that reason, I don't start my estrogen until Sunday.  I started the Lupron shots last night to keep my ovaries suppress though.  My next appointment isn't until June 10th.  He normally doesn't see patients until 12 days after starting, but he agreed to see me once before then because he knows I'm a nutcase and will be worrying if things aren't checked.  That's another big difference between the FET and fresh IVF cycle.  With the fresh cycle, I was going up to their office for scans and blood every single day.  Now I only have to go back twice before the transfer.  I see why they say this is much less stressful. 

That's all I got for now.  I will post updates as I have them.  Please say a prayer, send positive vibes, think good thoughts, or whatever you do!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment