Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 21, 2011

I went for my last check yesteryday.  It seems as though my lining just doesn't want to budge even with the increase in estrogen.  It was right around 7.6.  Some doctors only require a 7mm lining for a frozen embryo transfer, while others require 8mm.  Dr. Mo feels comfortable with 7.6mm so I am not going to worry about it anymore.  Yeah, right. 

My hormone levels were all right on track.  Estrogen is at 525, LH is at .95, and Progesterone was at 1.3 on Dr. Mo's machine and 0.5 on Labcorp's machine.  I started my taking my progesterone yesterday, which basically tricks my body into thinking it ovulated.  That's another thing I have to worry about.  I'm using Crinone gel instead of the intramuscular progesterone shots this time because of the bad reaction I had to the PIO shots in my last IVF cycle.  The PIO shots are known as the gold standard in progesterone replacement, so it really sucks that I can't use them.  There is not a lot of information out there on people using Crinone for FET cycles.  I think I may take an oral progesterone as well just to make me feel more comfortable.  Dr. Mo said that's fine even though he said oral is the least effective delivery method. 

I also started taking the Dexamethasone yesterday, which is a steriod that helps with inflammation and the immune response.  I'm taking 1mg a day this time compared to the .25mg I took last IVF cycle.  On Friday I will start the Lovenox shots, which is the blood thinner. 

It looks like all systems are go for Friday.  I'm going to acupuncture at 6:15am Friday morning and will be at ASH at 7:15am for my 8:00am transfer.  The transfer part is really easy, and I get to take a Valium too :).  I am praying so hard that this one works.  I still have a really good feeling about it despite the few things that I'm worrying about.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment