I'm not doing very well today. I just have this overwhelming feeling that it didn't work. I'm trying to keep the faith, but it's so hard. I don't feel anything. I'm waiting for any little twinge or cramp, but I feel totally normal. I had some mild cramping the first two days, but yesterday and today have been pretty uneventful. I think I'm just starting to realize the pain and devastation that I am going to feel if this doesn't work. Up until now, I was so sure this would work. Now, as I type this, I have tears in my eyes.
What will we do if this doesn't work? What will be the next step? Is there a next step? Why doesn't God want me to be a mother? October will be two years of us trying to have a baby. How long do we keep doing this? How much more money do we spend? We are at $22,000 already just for 2011. Should we just start saving up for a surrogate since it seems that we make great looking embryos but they just won't implant in me? I have tried to never let fear control this process, but I'm so scared of what I may find out in the next week.
All I can do is pray that God will give me strength and peace during this journey. Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." This is the verse I happened to read the morning of my transfer. I memorized it and repeated it to myself throughout that morning and during the transfer, and it brought me peace. Fields kept having me repeat it to him. I know I will be okay if this doesn't work. My life will go on. It will be really hard, but I will be okay. Breathe in, breathe out.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment