Thursday, June 30, 2011

6dp5dt

I've been feeling much better the past couple days, particularly today.  It just goes to show you the ups and downs of infertility.  It's definitely an emotional rollercoaster.  Then you add in all the hormones and meds and it's one rough combo.  I got my blood work results from this morning.  Estradiol is at 294 and progesterone is at 18.9.  I think the doc's office secretly tests my HCG level too, but I can't get them to admit to it.  Both levels are good, so I will continue at my same doses.  This was a medicated FET, meaning I did not actually ovulate and my whole pituitary system is shut down.  Because of this, I am not making anything on my own, so I am still taking 4 estrogen pills, 1 progesterone pill, and 2 progesterone suppositories daily.  I am also taking 1mg Dexamethasone and 40mg Lovenox daily.  Lovenox shots hurt, by the way!  They burn for about 10 minutes after the injection and my tummy is covered in bruises. 

I had a good talk with my Aunt A this morning.  She gave me some good advice about life and helped put things into perspective.  I think also if this FET doesn't work, I'm going to finally go to the local Resolve support group.  I've thought about going before, but I've never had the courage to take that step.  I think it's time though.  And it will be nice to meet some other people who know what I'm going through. 

Overall, I'm feeling okay today.  I've had some minor cramping, which could mean anything really.  It could be from the progesterone I'm taking or it could all be in my head because I want to feel it so badly.  Other than than, I'm feeling completely normal.  I don't really have any desire to take a test right now because I'm too scared of seeing a negative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment