Things have turned out pretty well this cycle. I responded much better to the antagonist protocol; I think from not being so suppressed on Lupron. I have a lot more follicles this time around, but we may not get many more mature eggs than last time, which really sucks. Unfortunately, some follies decided to grow faster than others, so we are looking at between 8-10 mature. I'll take whatever I can get. The good thing is that my left ovary is working great this time. Totally on par with the right ovary. Last time we had 75% of our embryos make it to blast, so I'm hoping for those statistics again. However, I have realistic expectations and know that may not be the case.
My egg retrieval is tomorrow morning, and I'm not near as nervous as I was the first time. In fact, this entire cycle, I have felt much more relaxed about everything. I know now, after already having gone through one failed IVF, that there's a good chance this isn't going to work. Although that doesn't change the fact that I will still be devastated if it doesn't. I would give anything to be pregnant by Christmas. I don't want to have to go through the holidays again with this hanging over me. Infertility makes me dread the holidays. If I'm not pregnant by then, I may head for an island or somewhere tropical.
As for Fields, something that he has been doing seems to be helping. He has been on antibiotics, prescription strength Ibuprofen, and a pretty extensive vitamin regimen. As of two days ago, his white blood cells were down to 1 million. Down from 2 million the week before. I'm hoping this makes a difference. We will still need to get him to a urologist because, apparently, this problem can be pretty persistent in some men, and I want to make sure it's not coming back.
Wish me luck tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thinking of you today! Sending you lots of love and luck, and I hope the retrieval goes well!
ReplyDelete