Monday, September 12, 2011

FML

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, we got a bomb dropped on us a few days ago.  It looks like we are now dealing with male infertility factor, as well.  Dr. Mo told me last Friday that in Fields'  "sample" used for IVF #1 and subsequent frozen transfer, had shown a very high white blood cell count.  It had 3 million WBC's per ml, when the normal count is anything under 1 million/ml.  We were hoping that since this was 6 months ago, that this issue would have been cleared up by now.  Well it isn't.  Of course we aren't that lucky.

Fields went for a repeat SA this morning and the WBC count was still 2 million/ml.  All other parameters of the analysis were normal as they always have been, which is why we always assumed that our infertility problem lied within me.  Now we don't really know.  It could have been male factor all along.  Or maybe it's both of us. 

The reason this is bad is because apparently it can affect the DNA of the sperm, but it's apparently another one of those controversial matters in the world of infertility.  So our options now are either to continue this cycle and hope for the best or to cancel this cycle and go see a urologist.  Of course Dr. Mo wants to continue the cycle because he never really things anything is wrong.  I asked if we could get Fields on stronger antibiotics (he is already taking Doxy as normal protocol for an IVF cycle).  Dr. Mo is going to consult one of his urologist friends and call me back later today. 

I feel like I've been kicked when I'm already down.  After two years of this sh*t, we are just finding out about this.  I really just can't even believe it. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry yall are having to deal with this and sending prayers as yall make decisions!

    I was reading your last couple of blogs. I also have one copy of MTHFR, and we did the extra B vitamins, folic acid, baby aspirin, and Lovenox this time around. Although my first RE didn't think I needed any of that, my new one put me on it and I'm glad he did.

    Good luck! I'll be thinking of yall!

    ReplyDelete