Just a quick update of what's going on.
The day of my D&C, my HCG levels were over 5,000. They don't test the actual level if it is over 5,000, so who knows what it really was. It could have been 5,001 or 30,000. When I went back one week later (8/16), my levels were already down to 206. That's great news that it went down so fast because I had heard it could take 2 weeks to 2 months. Dr. Mo had me start birth control pills for my next IVF two days later. I can't believe I'm already starting. It's a little scary because when I read around on the internet, most people say their RE's made them wait a couple months between a D&C and another IVF cycle. I just hope my body is healed enough. But I also am ready to start because I am hoping the Lupron Depot is still in my system. I really believe that is what got me pregnant this last time.
I go back tomorrow for another HCG draw and for my recurrent pregnancy loss blood work. I made an appointment to talk to Dr. Mo about this before the blood draw because I want to know exactly what he is testing. I'm a little nervous because I know he doesn't believe in some of the immune stuff and I definitely want all that tested. Endometriosis is thought to be immune related, and I have a feeling that is playing a part. I also have a feeling I will have to talk him into some of the stuff that I want tested. It can take several weeks to get the results back, so I need to get this done asap.
I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed now that I'm dealing with recurrent loss and infertility. I'm starting to realize it may never happen for us. And I don't know how long I can continue to do IVF after IVF. Fields and I have been discussing adoption more and more lately. I called an adoption agency today just to request some information. It's just such a big decision. My ideal situation would be to continue fertility treatments while starting the adoption process, but obviously the money just isn't there. I don't know what we are going to do. As for now, the plan is to begin IVF #2 unless the testing reveals something to change that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck!!!
ReplyDelete