1. I had my first appointment with my new OB last week, and I couldn't have left happier. I explained my situation to her, and she immediately began listing off tests that she wants to run. This was a big change from Dr. C who kept telling me to just relax. Here are the tests she is running: On day 21 of my cycle, which was this past Monday, I had a progesterone draw. Then, on day 3 of my next cycle, I will have the standard Day 3 bloodwork done, which includes FSH, Estradiol, and several other hormones. On day 9 of my next cycle, I will have an HSG done to check if there is any scar tissue from my d&c or blockage in my tubes. This is where they inject dye into my uterus and fallopian tubes through a catheter. This procedure can be pretty painful, so I'm a little nervous! I've heard sometimes they will give you a valium first, so I'm hoping this is the case. Oh, and I'm also dropping off Fields' "specimen" as they call it tomorrow morning for testing. I have to get it there within an hour and I have to keep it on my body at all time to keep it warm. This should be interesting. Last but not least, she said I can start taking clomid next cycle! All in all, I was very happy with the appointment and the progress being made. This is the first good thing that has happened to Fields and me in a long time....we've been through so much, we deserve some good news!
2. Yesterday was the due date of my first (and only) pregnancy. It's an emotional time for sure. It's really hard to think about what could have been and what really is. I could have been bringing home my baby today, but instead I sit here with an empty uterus talking about fertility testing. Thanks to Dr. Mushtaler, I was able to handle yesterday (and August) pretty well. I know that if I hadn't met Dr. M that I would be an emotional wreck right now. But Dr. M has given me hope. I feel like it's her mission to get me some answers and get me pregnant again. Hopefully it works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment