Wednesday, February 15, 2012

22w6d Update

I had my follow up appointment with the MFM specialist today to check on the CPC and get another look at the baby.  I saw a new doctor today because the doctor I was previously seeing left the practice.  I REALLY like this new doctor.  First things first, the cyst is gone.  Even though it apparently doesn't matter if these cysts go away, it still makes me feel 10 times better that it's gone.  Everything else on little Greer looked perfect as well.  They checked all the major areas again that can be indications of Trisomy 18 (heart, brain, hands, feet, etc.). 

When the new MFM came in, we were of course relieved when she told us everything still looks totally normal.  She said she would see me one more time for a follow up in 4-6 weeks.  However, I started telling her about my history (two miscarriage, IVF, and MTHFR), and I asked her if this made me high risk and if I should be seeing a high-risk doctor regularly.  She said none of those things made me high risk, but they did make me "special care".  So, she agreed to see me every 4-6 weeks for the remainder of my pregnancy!  I was so happy to hear this since it just makes me feel more comfortable to be monitored more closely.  I don't feel like a "normal" pregnant person.  Her bedside manner was really great, and you could tell she actually cared about how I was feeling.  I'm sure she could read me like a book and tell that I am anxious about this pregnancy. 

I also got some more 4D pictures of Greer.  Most of them she had her hands over her face, but here is the best one:
Of course I think she is just the cutest baby ever.  I haven't stopped staring at these pictures all day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment