Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year; and 16w5d

Holy crap.  Did I really just type that?  No, not the new year part.  The almost 17 weeks part.  I still cannot believe it.  I never thought I would be where I am today.  I still feel like I am waiting for the sh*t to hit the fan.  Oh, and yes it's finally 2012.  I'm so glad that 2011 is now a thing of the past (and 2010, too).  The last two years have been extremely difficult, and I pray constantly that 2012 will be different. 

I had one major freakout about two weeks ago.  I was having such bad anxiety about the pregnancy and couldn't stop crying.  I called my OB's nurse and they had me come back in.  Basically, my OB just talked to me and told me we have no control over something bad happening.  It did help calm me down somewhat, and I haven't had anymore anxiety attacks lately.  I do think about something bad happening several times a day though.  I don't know why I can't get it out of my head.  Maybe it's because my body has failed me so many times and I don't trust it.  I just keep trying to remind myself that it is in God's hands and just pray, pray, pray. 

We did find out at 15w1d that we are having a little GIRL!!  We couldn't be more excited!  We went and had an elective ultrasound done early so we could find out right before Christmas.  We surprised our families with cake balls to reveal the sex at Christmas.  Fields and I made cake balls (that was an ordeal) that were brown on the outside and dyed the cake pink inside.  We had everyone bite into them at the same time and recorded the whole thing.  It was pretty fun seeing their reactions.  We hadn't even told anyone in Fields' family about the pregnancy until Christmas, so that was a great gift!  They were all very excited. 

We have already purchased our crib and glider because Pottery Barn Kids is having a sale on their nursery furniture.  I don't think we will set anything up for a while though.  There is also a lot we want to do around the house before June.  Also, our baby girl's name is going to Greer.  We aren't 100% on the middle name yet, but our top choice right now is Annabel.  Greer Annabel Jackson.  Has a nice little ring to it :)

Stay put little Greer (or Baby G as we've been calling her).  We love you so much already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment